The chairperson is responsible for coordination and general matters. He or she is also the technical chairperson of the Selection Committee. The other board members oversee the Young Academy's themes and are responsible for the other permanent and temporary committees.
Board members as of April 2023
- Marie-José van Tol (chairperson, technical chairperson of Selection Committee, coordination and general matters)
- Thijs Bol (vice-chairperson, coordination and general matters, science policy)
- Hilde Verbeek (Interdisciplinarity within science and scholarship)
- Noel de Miranda (Internationalisation)
- Eddie Brummelman (Science and Society)
Permanent and temporary committees
The Young Academy has two permanent committees: the Selection Committee and the Young Academy Grants Committee. Young Academy grants make it possible for members to develop plans and ideas, either jointly or individually, that fit in with the Young Academy's objectives. There are also temporary committees in charge of specific activities.
Tracés (working groups)
The Young Academy focuses on four themes as organising principles for its activities in working groups (tracés). These are: interdisciplinarity within science and scholarship; science policy; science and society and internationalisation. All members of the Young Academy must devote themselves to at least one theme. The activities target different groups, ranging from young scientists, politicians and policy officers to primary school pupils and the general public.
The theme chairs are:
- Interdisciplinarity within science and scholarship: Michel Vols and Tazuko van Berkel
- Science policy: Sanli Faez, Joeri Tijdink and Jim Portegies
- Science and Society: Lotte Krabbenborg
- Internationalisation: Liesbeth van de Grift and Carolien van Ham